Wireman electrocuted in Bowring Hospital

Wireman electrocuted in Bowring Hospital

Basavaraj from Hunsur was engrossed in wiring work on the terrace of an underconstruction eight-storey building on the hospital premises when he accidentally touched a live wire and suffered burns. He was rushed to the hospital’s emergency ward where he was declared brought dead, police said.

Basavaraj was working with the Bowring Hospital for the last three years. According to police, he was not a fully skilled electrician.

However, his brother Harish claimed that Basavaraj had turned off the main switch while working, and someone might have switched it on later, resulting in his death.

“We were informed about the mishap around 7 pm. We reached Bangalore around 1 pm. The body was not shown to us till Monday afternoon. It was only at 3.30 pm that the body was handed over to us,” Harish told Deccan Herald.

The police have booked a case of negligence against Nagarjuna Construction Company that is constructing the building.