Ration card grievances cell in Udupi

Ration card grievances cell in Udupi

Informing this in the Taluk Panchayath general body meet here on Thursday, the Food and Civil Supplies Department Officer said that about 80 per cent of distribution of the ration cards is complete and the remaining 20 per cent will be covered within a short period of time. Public can register their complaints in the redressal cell and immediate measures will be taken to meet the grievances.

Discussions were held in the meet over producing birth certificate or SSLC marks card to avail the benefits of Sandhya Suraksha Yojane and the official concerned informed that it is mandatory to produce any one of these to gain the advantages of the scheme.

Later member Shivananda Suvarna alleged that the Taluk Panchayath members were not informed or invited to the ‘Janaspandana’ programme of the government. Supporting him, member Ramesh Kanchan accused that the programme is merely a party affair and not a public programme. Members Kiran Udyavar and Naveen protested against the remarks made by the congress members. In-charge Taluk Panchayath President Sathish Poojary argued that this unruly approach of the government exemplifies the misuse of powers. Taluk Panchayath members unanimously protested and decided to refer the matter to the MLA. Retorting to the charges Taluk Panchayath EO Ramananda Nayak informed that they don’t have the authority to invite, as the programme is organised by the government and concerned MLA. However, one attends the programme voluntarily to respond to the problems, he said.

Some of the members highlighted the absence of Tahsildar in the meets on many previous occasions and urged for his presence for the explanation on the encroachment of land in Mulur. Other issues discussed in the meet include negligence over the repair of Kaup IB which is in a pathetic condition. EO assured to take all the necessary measures to get the building repaired.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)