Five layouts with over 1.6 lakh sites to come up in Bangalore

Five layouts with over 1.6 lakh sites to come up in Bangalore

Of these, 12,000 sites are aimed to be distributed to the poor and low income groups, Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa told the legislative assembly.
For the layouts, the government intends to acquire 15,277 acres.
Land acquisition process pertaining to two layouts has already started, while the Government has given the go-ahead to BDA to issue initial notification on land acquisition relating to the three other layouts.
He said 45 per cent of the acquired land would be utilised for infrastructure development and other facilities. Of the remaining 55 per cent, 40 per cent of the developed sites would be given to the land owners as a compensation and the rest would be distributed to the public.
Bangalore One centres to be doubled by year-end
Karnataka government plans to nearly double the number of "Bangalore One" centres which offer various services including bill payment, and take the initiative to four other cities.
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa said in the Legislative Assembly that Bangalore One centres are at present located in 53 places here and this number would be taken to 100 by the end of the year.
In the second phase, the government planned to start such centres in Mysore, where five locations have been identified, Mangalore, Belgaum and Shimoga, Yeddyurappa said responding to N Yogish Bhat's (BJP) question.
He said e-goverance would be implemented in government departments from the district level to the State Secretariat this year, and in the second phase it would be done from the gram panchayat to district level after an year.
"Our aim is to make a Karnataka a model state in e-governance", Yeddyurappa said.
Steps have been taken to implement e-governance in important departments, and a comprehensive road-map would be drawn up to cover all the departments, he said.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)