BDA to start ground work on Arkavathy Layout

The project encompasses the areas spread over Jakkur, Sampigehalli, Amruthahalli, Kempapura, Venkateshpura, Srirampura and other villages in Yelahanka North Taluk.

The government kept the promises made to the farmers and land owners of the villages where the layout is coming up. It has decided to give 9,583 square feet of developed land for each acre of land surrendered.

The State government through an order dated March 18, 2011 directed the BDA to make provision to reserve 45 per cent of acquired land for civic amenities and to share the remaining 55 per cent of the developed land between land owners and the BDA in the ratio of 40:60 respectively.

The government however made it clear that those land owners who have already taken compensation under the Land Acquisition Act are not eligible for any more compensation.

The project was marred by controversies and protests since its beginning. In 2003, the state government had issued a preliminary notification for acquiring 3,339 acres of land but in the final notification in 2004, the total land for acquisition reduced to 2,750.

The chief minister, his sons and son-in-law, and Malur MLA Krishnaiah Shetty are facing court cases pertaining to immovable property in this layout on the basis of a complaint lodged by two city based lawyers.

Besides this, the Raithara Horata Samithi, led by its president D S Gowda had launched a vehement protest compelling the government to put the project on hold till the demands of all the land-losers were met.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry