2-wheeler spare parts gutted in fire

The incident occurred minutes after the owner and workers of Choudhary Automotives in the ground floor of a five-storey building on MTB road downed shutters and went home. They closed the shop early as they had to attend the wedding reception of one of their workers.

Workers at the neighbouring shops noticed flames and thick smoke inside the building and alerted the police, who passed on the message to the fire brigade. Eight fire tenders rushed to the spot and took nearly two hours to put off the fire, police said.

Lalith (22), one of the workers on the first floor was trapped and fell unconscious due to suffocation. He was rescued and shifted to a nearby hospital. He is stated to be out of danger.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry