'Hold meets to help disable students

'Hold meets to help disable students

Speaking at a review meeting, he said the physically challenged persons must be given three per cent reservation in A and B category and five per cent reservation in C and D category. There is a need to give priority to the student with disability to take up higher and technical education.

“I have received complaints on colleges denying employment to the person with disability. Such incidents should not take place. There is a need to provide employment to those suffering from disability and encourage them to come up in life.”

“Person with disability need not go to the Medical Board to get certificate on disability. One can get tested and get the certificate from the doctor at Primary Health Centre. If the disability is severe and can not travel to Primary Health centre, then the doctors should visit the house and issue a certificate,” he said.

Identify disabled
Women and Child Welfare department should emphasis to women with disability. There is a need to identify person suffering from disability in rural areas and provide them with all the benefits from the government, he added.

Deputy Commissioner Dr M T Reju, Zilla Panchayat Chief Executivee Officer Prabhakar Sharma, Additional Deputy Commissioner Kumar, Women and Child Welfare Deputy Director Sheshappa and others were present at the meet.