Malegaon blast accused should be discharged from case: Azmi

"When the NIA had said that the accused are not culprits, why have they not been discharged from the case yet. They had been falsely implicated and should be discharged immediately," Azmi said.

Six of the nine accused in the Malegaon bomb blasts case were released after a trial court granted them bail last week.

Azmi said, brain-mapping tests should be conducted on two former IPS officers for "fabricating" evidences in the case. "Former Maharashtra DGP A N Roy and former ATS chief K P Raghuvanshi, should be arrested, as they had fabricated evidences in the Malegaon blasts case. Truth will come to light, once the brain mapping test is conducted on them.
There was a conspiracy behind it," he said.

Welcoming the SIT report, which concluded that the encounter, in which, Ishrat Jahan and three others were killed, was staged, Azmi said, "By looking at the circumstances, I had been saying, from day one, that she (Ishrat) was falsely implicated."

He said a journalist from a leading English daily had seen a vehicle with Gujarat's number plate in Mumbra (in neighbouring Thane district), from where, Ishrat was kidnapped. "The journalist had seen the car," Azmi said.

Asking why the right-wing organisations like Abhinav Bharat and Sanatan Sanstha were not banned like SIMI, Azmi said, "Whenever any terrorist activity takes place, people from the minority community are looked upon as terrorists."

The SP leader said he had undertaken a ten-day 'Insaaf Yatra' from November 14, to demand justice to the minority community.

"We will burn effigies of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Maharashtra government on November 25, for failing to deliver justice to the people from the minority community," he said.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)