45-year-old man killed, two arrested

45-year-old man killed, two arrested

A 20-year-old man has been arrested along with his associate for killing a 45-year-old man in Sarita Vihar in south-east Delhi over a family feud, the police said on Friday.

Dinesh Kumar’s body was found on Wednesday morning in a deserted area in Aali Vihar jungle. His skull was badly smashed and there were several other visible injury marks on his body.

The accused, Umesh and Raju Prakash, 22, both residents of Aali Vihar in south east Delhi, were taken into custody on Thursday for killing Dinesh, a labourer working with the MCD, on Tuesday.

“It was a blind murder case, so we nabbed the duo after the initial investigation revealed that Dinesh was last seen with them in Okhla Industrial Area,” said Ajay Chaudhry, Additional Commissioner of Police (south East).

During interrogation, both the accused confessed their involvement in the crime.
“Umesh disclosed that he suspected Dinesh had poisoned his father a few years back. He then made up his mind to avenge his father’s death. He was looking for a suitable time and place,” Chaudhry added.

Umesh also told police that he along with Raju committed the crime after they met Dinesh on Tuesday to drink liquor together.

“In an inebriated condition, Dinesh told Umesh that he had poisoned his father over some family feud and wanted to apologise for it. This led Umesh to kill him with stones and an iron rod, while Raju caught hold of his hands,” Chaudhry said.

They later dumped Dinesh’s body in the nearby Aali Vihar jungles and fled from the spot.

Girl commits suicide

A 16-year-old girl committed suicide in Ghazipur area of east Delhi, the police said on Friday.

Pushpa, a resident of Ghadaul Village and a class XIth student in a government school, committed suicide on Thursday afternoon.

“We received a call at noon saying that Pushpa committed suicide by hanging from the ceiling fan of the house,” a senior police officer said.

She was rushed to a nearby hospital, where she was declared brought dead.
The police is investigating the incident as they did not find any suicide note at the spot.
“We are yet to ascertain the reason behind the decision to end her life,” the officer added.

The girl’s body was handed back to her family members after post-mortem.

According to behavioural counsellors, suicide has several causes and mose of them can be counselled before it is too late for anybody to do anything.

However, matters often get worse when people do not talk about their personal problems, and this leads to a deepening of their worries, say psychologists.
The only way to prevent the situation from going out of control is to seek help.