Pak's response to Indian dossier next week: Malik

Rehman Malik

Malik, who chaired a high-level meeting in the interior ministry to review the investigation into the Mumbai incident, said Pakistan had completed analysing India’s latest dossier that was handed over in August.  

"Pakistan would send its response to India on its latest dossier during the next week," he said. The meeting expressed satisfaction at the progress made so far in the probe.
Malik directed officials to complete the due process of law efficiently and transparently "to ensure that all the culprits involved in the Mumbai attacks are brought to book". He also asked officials to complete the probe as soon as possible.

Minister of State for Law Afzal Sindhu, Federal Investigation Agency chief Tariq Khosa, Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir, senior officials of the interior ministry and sleuths conducting the probe into the Mumbai incident attended the meeting.

Seven suspects arrested by Pakistani authorities, including Lashker-e-Toiba operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, are currently facing trial in an anti-terrorism court for alleged involvement in the Mumbai carnage.

However, Pakistan has ruled out the possibility of arresting or prosecuting LeT founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, saying the evidence provided against him by India is inadequate.

The latest dossier provided by India contained information on Saeed’s links to the planning and execution of the attacks that killed nearly 180 people in November last year.

Indian Home Minister P Chidambaram told top US officials in Washington on Friday that Pakistan was not acting against perpetrators of the Mumbai terror attacks and that security threats from militant groups operating from across the Indian border have not diminished.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry