Minor killed in fire

Minor killed in fire

Five incidents of fire were reported in the Capital the last 24 hours which claimed the life of a 10-year-old boy and left four others injured.

The first incident was reported from Mahavir Enclave in south-west Delhi, where a house caught fire due to an LPG cylinder blast.

According to fire officials, they received a call around 10.30 am on Saturday after which two fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

There they found that a family was trapped inside the  house. They rushed for their rescue and took out five persons.

Three were rushed to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, while two were sent to Safdarjung Hospital.

A minor boy, Ajay, succumbed to burn injuries. Police have ruled out foul play behind the incident.

Plastic factory gutted

A major fire broke out at a plastic manufacturing factory in Mundka of west Delhi. No one was injured in the fire.

The blaze was reported around 10.40 pm on Friday after which 25 fire tenders were rushed to the spot. “There was an apprehension that the fire could spread to adjoining houses and shops,” a fire official said. But the fire was completely doused after a fight over an hour. Though, no casualty was reported, assets worth lakhs of rupees were damaged.

Flames at NDLS

A fire broke out in the parcel service area at New Delhi railway station in the wee hours of Saturday. “A call was made around 1 am after which eight fire tenders were immediately sent. As the fire was not big, it was brought under control within an hour,” another fire official added.

Two cars damaged

Two cars were gutted after a fire broke out at a parking lot in Anand Parvat. It was, however, doused by a fire tender within 15 minutes.

“No one was trapped in the cars as both were parked in the area. However, both Maruti Suzuku WagonR cars turned into ashes in the fire,” a police official said.

Car catches fire

In Paharganj of central Delhi,  a Maruti car caught fire. The car turned into ashes before a fire tender could reach the spot.  The car owner claimed that he had informed the fire officials on time, but they reached late. Police said they have been investigating the incidents

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox

Check out all newsletters

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox