<p>Chief selector Iqbal Qasim said the selectors would be sitting down to finalise the team for the ODI series after the second round matches of the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy are completed.<br /><br />"That is why we have asked all the senior and Pakistan team players to play in the Quaid Trophy, it is mandatory," Qasim, a former Test spinner, said.<br /><br />Pressure has mounted on the board and selectors to look at fresh blood after the inconsistent form of senior players including Imran Nazir, Misbah-ul-Haq and Umar Gul.<br />The success of youngsters Umar Akmal and Mohammad Aamer has bolstered the argument that Pakistan cricket is in dire need of fresh blood.<br /><br />But Qasim said the selectors would not panic and start dropping the senior players.<br />"That is not going to happen but yes, we do want a gradual induction of some new players and we also want to have another look at players who have been dropped from the team recently," he added. <br /><br />Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has already been ruled out of the series since he is due to undergo a knee surgery in England and will take at least six weeks to recover.<br /><br />The selection of Mohammad Asif remains unclear until the board gets clearance from the Dubai authorities that he can play in the emirates following his 19-day detention in Dubai last year in a drug possession case.<br /><br />Captain Younus Khan has also struggled in the Champions trophy, managing 53 runs in four matches and his form will also be a big concern for the selectors, who would keep a close watch on him in the Quaid Trophy starting from October 10.<br /><br />Discarded openers Salman Butt and Imran Farhat, who recently resigned from the Indian Cricket League, are in the running for a comeback to the team for the series against New Zealand.<br /><br />"We want to test the form and fitness of every player in the first two rounds of the Quaid Trophy," Qasim said.</p>
<p>Chief selector Iqbal Qasim said the selectors would be sitting down to finalise the team for the ODI series after the second round matches of the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy are completed.<br /><br />"That is why we have asked all the senior and Pakistan team players to play in the Quaid Trophy, it is mandatory," Qasim, a former Test spinner, said.<br /><br />Pressure has mounted on the board and selectors to look at fresh blood after the inconsistent form of senior players including Imran Nazir, Misbah-ul-Haq and Umar Gul.<br />The success of youngsters Umar Akmal and Mohammad Aamer has bolstered the argument that Pakistan cricket is in dire need of fresh blood.<br /><br />But Qasim said the selectors would not panic and start dropping the senior players.<br />"That is not going to happen but yes, we do want a gradual induction of some new players and we also want to have another look at players who have been dropped from the team recently," he added. <br /><br />Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has already been ruled out of the series since he is due to undergo a knee surgery in England and will take at least six weeks to recover.<br /><br />The selection of Mohammad Asif remains unclear until the board gets clearance from the Dubai authorities that he can play in the emirates following his 19-day detention in Dubai last year in a drug possession case.<br /><br />Captain Younus Khan has also struggled in the Champions trophy, managing 53 runs in four matches and his form will also be a big concern for the selectors, who would keep a close watch on him in the Quaid Trophy starting from October 10.<br /><br />Discarded openers Salman Butt and Imran Farhat, who recently resigned from the Indian Cricket League, are in the running for a comeback to the team for the series against New Zealand.<br /><br />"We want to test the form and fitness of every player in the first two rounds of the Quaid Trophy," Qasim said.</p>