Worker at MG Road boulevard electrocuted

A worker employed with a private firm involved in construction of pay- and-use toilets on MG Road boulevard was electrocuted while at work Wednesday afternoon.

Nattkal, 18, of Guntur in  Andhra Pradesh was digging the earth when he came in contact with a live wire and collapsed, stated a preliminary investigation. Though he was rushed to Bowring Hospital, he was declared brought dead.

The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited had entrusted the construction work to Pradeep Industrial Packers Ltd (PIPL). The authorities of BMRCL claimed that they were not responsible for the tragedy as they had assigned the job to PIPL.

Sources said the utilities were reportedly not shifted (in this case electric wire) from the construction site before starting the work. There was a live underground electric wire, connecting MG Road Metro station with the Metro facility at BRV Ground.

The Cubbon Park police have taken up a suo motu case. “We have registered a case against PIPL. Directors of the company will be held responsible,” DCP (Central) B R Ravikanthe Gowda said. He added that BMRCL cannot escape from responsibility and that the officials concerned would be questioned.

Comments (+)