Packaging unit gutted

A small-scale packaging unit in Jayanagar 4th T Block was gutted in an accidental fire on Monday afternoon.

Fire broke out at the  E S Jay Packing Company, which manufactures polythene bags, housed in the ground floor of a two-storey building. On noticing the flames, workers ran to safety.

Four fire tenders put out the blaze in 30 minutes, said Fire and Emergency Service officials.
No one was injured in the accident, suspected to have been caused by electrical short circuit.

Police sources suspect that materials worth about 5 lakh was destroyed in the fire.

Comments (+)