11-month-old boy drowns in bucket

An 11-month-old boy drowned in water stored in a plastic container at his house at Manjunathnagar in Basaveshwarnagar police limits Saturday morning.

Thaneesh, the dead, is the son of Navaneetha and Ramesh, an insurance agent, police said.
Ramesh, who was discharged from a hospital on Friday night, was fast asleep and Navaneetha had gone to drop their daughter Kaushal to school when the incident took place.  

“We are using an old, paint bucket in the bathroom. It had very little water. Thaneesh peeped into the bucket, lost his balance and fell head-first into it. Water entered his nose and mouth,” Ramesh said.

Navaneetha, who was preparing the food after returning home, started searching for the boy after a while. She saw the boy fallen in the container and struggling to breathe. 

The couple rushed him to a private hospital on the West of Chord Road where he died minutes later, said Ramesh’s neighbour.

“He did not celebrate his first birthday on December 4 as I was hospitalised. We had planned his birthday celebration soon,” Ramesh added.

Cab driver electrocuted

A cab driver working with a private company was electrocuted in his room in Yelachenahalli Saturday morning.
Krishnappa, 36, from Malavalli, was with JNC Projects for the last two years and was sharing a room with his colleague.

The room had no electricity supply and the two had drawn power illegally from the electricity pole in front of their house with a wire which passed through a window.

Krishnappa had also tied a metal wire to the window to dry clothes. Sources said the electric wire had frayed and the live wire came in direct contact with the window grill and consequently the metal wire tied to it.
Krishnappa suffered electrical shock when he was drying clothes on the metal wire. He was rushed to a private hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. Post mortem was conducted at KIMS Hospital.
Krishnappa is survived by his wife and two children.

Liked the story?

  • Happy
  • Amused
  • Sad
  • Frustrated
  • Angry

Thanks for Rating !

Dear Reader,

Welcome to our new site! We would appreciate it if you could send us your feedback about our site to ​ dhfeedback@deccanherald.co.in

Thanks for your support!