SIT raids Goa Sanatan ashram

 
Home minister Ravi Naik said the police were searching the ashram as part of the investigations to unravel the key players in the conspiracy. Government sources said the ministers attending a Cabinet meet on Wednesday had asked the police to prepare a preliminary report on the case as soon as possible. If the preliminary probe finds evidence of Sanatan’s direct involvement in the blast, then the government will move for a ban on the organisation, a minister said.

Sources said the SIT examinined the organisation’s computers and members mobile phones. The police have already conducted raids of the Sanatan Prabhat’s media offices and the press in Nessar, Margao. Prithviraj Hazare, the editor of the mouthpiece of the organisation was questioned by the SIT.

The main accused in the Margao blast, Malgonda Patil, was the administrator of the Goa centre of the Sanatan which has become the organisation’s country headquarters. The police have found links between Patil and the Thane and Vashi blasts accused. The police said Patil, acting as a Sanatan Prabhat reporter, also had a hand in the communal flare-up in Sangli last month.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry