4 suffer burns

Four persons suffered burn injuries, two of them critically, after they came in contact with a high tension wire in Basaveshwarnagar police limits on Tuesday. 

The injured Gopal, 36, his daughter Yashaswini, 6, Subramani, 42, a set-top box distributor, and Chikkanna, 46, were rushed to Victoria Hospital for treatment. Yashaswini and Subramani are stated to be in critical condition.

Gopal had requested his friend Chikkanna to help him instal a set-top box for his TV and Chikkanna assigned the job to his friend Subramani. A high tension line passes over the house. Chikkanna and Subramani were working atop the house at around 2 pm, while Gopal and his daughter were inside.

Subramani was trying to connect the TV cable, when he came in contact with the 66 KW wire and sustained 55 per cent burns. Chikkanna suffered injuries on his face, leg and hands, while Gopal lost three of his fingers.

Electrical boards in a couple of adjoining houses were damaged due to the impact of the high voltage.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get the top news in your inbox
GET IT
Comments (+)