Journalist gangrape: One more cellphone of accused recovered

Journalist gangrape: One more cellphone of accused recovered

Mumbai police, probing the gangrape case of a 23-year-old photojournalist, has recovered one more mobile phone that was carried by one of the accused at the time of the crime, a senior police official said today.

"A mobile phone of arrested accused Kasim Bengali has been seized. It had been sold by him to a person, who also sold the same to a third party. We have recovered the phone from the purchaser," the official told PTI, without divulging further details.

Police had earlier recovered a mobile phone used by another arrested accused Salim Ansari.
According to police, Ansari had clicked a photograph of the victim using his phone after the sexual assault and later deleted it on the night of the crime itself. Forensic experts are trying to retrieve the photo.

The victim was gangraped on August 22 evening when she had gone to the Shakti Mills compound with a male colleague on an assignment.

All five accused - Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav, Chand Babu Sattar Shaikh, Mohammed Kasim Hafiz Shaikh alias Kasim Bengali and Siraj Rehman Khan - were arrested and are currently in the custody of crime branch.

Liked the story?

  • Happy
  • Amused
  • Sad
  • Frustrated
  • Angry

Thanks for Rating !