Fire guts 25 huts in slum

Fire guts 25 huts in slum

Around 25 huts were gutted in an accidental fire which broke out in a slum at Munenakolalu, HAL police limits, on Tuesday. 

Preliminary investigations by officials of Fire and Emergency Services revealed that leakage in a five-kg gas cylinder triggerred the fire, which spread to neighbouring shanties. Local people alerted the residents to vacate the huts. Four fire extinguishers took around 40 minutes to douse the fire. No one was injured in the incident. Most of the residents are from West Bengal. Clothes and household articles were destroyed in the incident.

Comments (+)