Fire at watch showroom

Fire at watch showroom

Fire broke out at  a watch showroom on Commercial Street on Sunday evening.

Workers in Shariff’s ‘Sight n Time’ showroom noticed fire in the second floor of the building around 7.25 pm and immediately alerted the fire and emergency services. 

Two fire tenders, which were rushed to the spot, took 40 minutes to douse the fire. Nobody was injured in the fire mishap, said the police.

Short circuit probably triggered the fire, said the police, adding that it spread fast due to cardboard boxes and generator kept in the second floor. 

Owner of the shop, M A Shariff, has not yet registered a complaint, added the police.

Comments (+)