Bank security guard shot dead

Bank security guard shot dead

Bank security guard shot dead

A security guard with a private bank was shot dead inside a shed during a drunken brawl at Bellandur in HSR Layout police station limits on Sunday afternoon.

Harendra Singh, 20, hailed from Madhya Pradesh and was staying with a group of security guards, police said.

Singh and his friends partied at one of the sheds for Holi. They set out for lunch after drinks around 3 pm.

A remark by one of the guards irked Singh, who retaliated. Soon, a fight broke out. In the melee, Singh was pushed down. As he fell, others took his single-barrel gun and shot him dead, police said. They then fled the spot.

Two of the five suspects were identified as Jagadish and Babu Singh, both from Madhya Pradesh.

Singh, who moved to Bangalore two years ago, worked for HDFC for the last one year.

Girl killed in accident

Three-year-old Indu was killed and her father Shankar injured in a road accident on Mysore Road in Kengeri on Sunday afternoon.

A resident of Jnanabharathi, Shankar is undergoing treatment at a private hospital. The accident took place when they were waiting for a bus in front of a garments factory to go home.

The suspect Govindaraj was on his way from Mysore to Bangalore in a car. As he approached the garments factory, another car suddenly overtook Govindaraj’s vehicle.
He took a turn to avoid hitting the car, knocking down Shankar and Indu, police said. They were rushed to a nearby hospital. Indu was shifted to another hospital where she died.

Shankar, who moved to Bangalore three months ago, is a native of Andhra Pradesh and works with the Railways as a contract employee.

Govindaraj has been taken into custody and his vehicle seized.

Valuables robbed

Four men allegedly attacked Chikkarangaiah, 62, while robbing him of valuables in Nandini Layout on Sunday night. He was rushed to hospital for treatment. He is a resident of VI Cross, II Block, Nandini Layout.

Chikkarangaiah, who runs a dry cleaning shop on Malleswaram VII Cross, was returning home on his scooter around 10 pm after visiting his daughter in Nagarabhavi. Four persons who came on two bikes asked him to hand over his valuables.

They attacked him with lethal weapons and injured his legs and hands when he resisted, before fleeing with his gold chains and rings, police said.

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox

Check out all newsletters

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox