Yukta and Tuli part ways, HC accepts consent terms for divorce

Yukta and Tuli part ways, HC accepts consent terms for divorce

Yukta and Tuli part ways, HC accepts consent terms for divorce

Former Miss World Yukta Mookhey and her estranged husband Prince Tuli have decided to separate amicably in a matrimonial dispute, with the Bombay High Court today accepting their consent terms mutally agreed between the two.

The consent terms were contained in a confidential report filed by the Court-appointed mediator Advocate Rajiv Patil.

Justice Mridula Bhatkar accepted the report today while granting anticipatory bail to Tuli in a domestic violence case filed by Yukta against him.

The court had appointed senior advocate Rajiv Patil as a mediator so that the parties could arrive at an amicable settlement.

The mediator had several rounds of meetings with both the sides in the last three months and helped them to bring about an amicable settlement relating to divorce by mutual consent.

However, the consent terms have been kept confidential by the Court.

Tuli will now file a petition in the High Court seeking to quash the complaint filed by Yukta in the domestic violence case filed by her against him, his lawyer Filji Fedrick told PTI.

As per consent terms, Yukta will grant a No-objection certificate to Tuli's plea for quashing the case against him, the lawyer said.

The divorce petition filed by Tuli in a Nagpur Court would be transferred to a Mumbai Court on request by both the sides.

Yukta married Tuli in November 2008. Four years later, she moved back to Mumbai into her parents' house and filed a case of domestic violence against Tuli and his family on July 4, 2012. Tuli filed a petition for divorce on May 16, 2013.

In a complaint to police in July last year, Yukta accused her husband and in-laws of subjecting her to domestic violence and harassment. She accused Tuli of unnatural sex.

Tuli and his family approached the sessions court seeking anticipatory bail. The court granted others bail while Tuli was given interim protection from arrest.

Yukta then approached the High Court, challenging the sessions court order