Factory worker dies after saving colleague

A 34-year-old worker was choked to death on Thursday after rescuing his colleague from a near-death situation at a chemical and fertiliser factory at Metagalli Industrial Area.

According to the Metagalli police, Prathap, a resident of Palahalli, Srirangapatna taluk, Mandya district, asphyxiated after he pulled out his colleague Srikanta to safety from a gas chamber at Chaitra Fertilisers and Chemicals, owned by a person named Chandrashekar.

The incident occurred early morning, when Srikanta came in contact with ammonium nitrate gas when he was cleaning a chamber in the factory, the police added.

The body of the deceased has been shifted to the mortuary attached to the JSS Medical College, Bannimantap.

Talks are on between the factory management and relatives of Prathap for a suitable compensation.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry