Minor fire at PMO, no records damaged

A minor fire broke out in a room in the Prime Minister’s Office on Tuesday. No casualties were reported.

The fire was reported from the ground floor room of the PMO in South Block at 6.10 am. The fire department said they received a call and sent six fire tenders to the spot. The blaze was doused within 30 minutes.

The PMO in a statement attributed the source of the fire to “malfunctioning of a UPS attached to a computer”.

“Prompt action was taken and no damage was caused to property, except to some electrical office equipment,” the statement said, and added that no official record was damaged. The fire had triggered a smoke detector and the fire alarm went off which drew people’s attention to the fire. 

Room number 60 where the fire broke out belonged to a Joint Secretary in the PMO.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)