BJP draws road map for MP funds

 With massive back-to-back victories in Assembly and Lok Sabha elections, an exuberant BJP is going the extra mile to reciprocate the mandate and ensure development in Rajasthan.

For the first time in the state, the BJP has prepared a detailed road map to spend the Local Area Development funds its legislators get.

 According to the new road map, 70 per cent of  the Local Area Development (LAD) funds will be spent on the direction of the party, while the remaining 30 per cent will be used at the discretion of the MP or MLA.

The decision was taken by the party’s top leadership in the state.

“The decision to utilise 70 per cent  MPLAD funds on the direction of party was taken by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje at a meeting with all 25 BJP MPs in New Delhi. We have replicated the same model for the legislators also. So now both MP and MLAs will have to spend 70 per cent funds on the  directions of the party,” said Ashok Parnami, state BJP chief.

‘Fund unutilised’

BJP leaders believe that many times LAD funds remain unutilised or respective MPs and MLAs spend them on minor things just for the sake of utilising them.

Party leaders said Raje has created a shadow cabinet by unofficially assigning two to three government departments in the state to each MP.

The MPs  have been asked to remain in constant touch with department heads and ministers, a BJP leader said. The state government will provide all facilities and logistic support to the MPs for the coordination.

“The MPs will act as a bridge between the Union government and state government,” said a senior BJP leader.

The new format of governance was briefed to all the 25 BJP MPs from the state by Raje at a recent meeting in New Delhi.

She has given a clear message to her MPs that they cannot escape the responsibility of developing a ‘New Rajasthan’,  a slogan given by the BJP during the elections.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry