UK best option to study law

Studying Abroad

UK best option to study law

Dear Madam,

I am studying in 2nd year BCA from Bangalore university and I am 20 yrs old. Please suggest what additional courses can I do in my vacations (4th sem) which will be useful for me in future. I am also  confused as to what to pursue next (MCA OR MS). I am a first class student. I am working hard to get distinction. I am interested in studying masters abroad. Please suggest what I can do next? And also suggest what entrance exams should I write for going into MCA and MS in future. Please also suggest what other courses I can do in future.Chaitra B S
Dear Chaitra,

During your vacations work as an intern in some organization and get a work experience or internship certificate from them. If you also wish to do some short courses then SAP, JAVA, DOT NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, C++, Computer Graphics, Programming Languages, Database Management, Systems Analysis, Word Processing, Internet Technologies, Accounting Applications, Animation, Music and Video Processing, Personal Information Management, cyber security, etc are some of the options.

In most countries the MCA course is referred to as Masters in Computer Science or Masters in information technology.  The only exams you need to write to qualify for admissions in most countries are the GRE and TOEFL. However, countries like U.S and Canada would require 16 years of education 10+2+4) before you apply for a Masters. After a 3 year degree, you either study for one more year (perhaps a diploma in one of the courses mentioned above) or work for a year before applying for your Masters.If you wish to study in the United Kingdom, your 3 year degree is sufficient. I think this is a better option since you don’t need to spend time or money on an additional year of study. The MSc programmes in U.K are a one year full time program unlike U.S where it is a two year program. You only need to take the IELTS or PTE exam. The tuition fee is also lower in the U.K than in the US
Dear Madam,

I have just completed my 2nd year PU and willing to do law that is BA LLB 5 yrs integrated course. I request you to suggest me how can I pursue my masters in Law abroad. Please do suggest the requirements and best universities abroad.Aravind Nag
Dear Aravind,

If you want to study your Bachelors in Law in U.K, you need to write the LNAT exam.  For more information on this exam and for practise test papers visit If you plan to do an integrated BA LLB program in India and then go to the United Kingdom for LLM, you need to only write the IELTS exam. To pursue your Bachelors or Masters in Law in the United States, Canada and Australia you need to write the LSAT exam. For more information on this exam and for practise test papers visit Ideally, it is best you study Law in a country where you intend practising. For Indian students who wish to study abroad and come back to India to practise, the United Kingdom would be the best option. For a complete list of Universities visit
Dear Madam, 

I am presently studying in 6th semester of MBBS doing well in my studies and scoring above 70%in first two years. I want to know how I could plan my post graduation abroad. I want your suggestion and guidanceSagar S R
Dear Sagar,

After MBBS, you can pursue either MS or MD. Again, I would suggest you go to UK for higher studies. You don’t need to write any exam other than the IELTS.Only if you did your Bachelors in the U.S, I would advice you to continue your MD in the U.S. If you want to study in the U.S, you can do your residency or fellowship there. To pursue your studies in U.S or Canada, you need to take the MCAT and USMLE exam.  For more information on these exams please visit and
Dear Madam,

I am presently preparing for my course work exam of PhD at V.T.U Belgaum Karnataka. I have completed my M.Tech in electronics and Communication . I need to carry out my research work abroad which will be a plus point for my PhD. So, how do I look a research guide and help myself getting a project.Rakshith K
Dear Rakshith,

First you need to identify where you want to carry out your research work. Ideally, one of your Professors at VTU could refer you to a colleague in a different country / university. You should then go to the web site of that University and research the works of the Professor under whom you intend to study. Write to them telling them about yourself, your research interest and why you want them to be your guide. Your letter to them should show that you are serious, well qualified, have specific plans, are familiar with the Professor’s work, have done thorough research and utilized all the freely available information on their website.
Dear Madam, 

I have completed my BE in Information Science in June 2013 with second class. I also had a year back due to medical problem. This is a major hurdle in my further education. I am worried that this would affect my future studies. I know that second class is a very low score. But I have a dream of doing my MS abroad. Will I be able to get admission in the university abroad with this score of mine?  Also if I am lucky enough to get admission which country provides the education at lower cost? When I was browsing the internet checking the universities I came across admission requirements where it was mentioned that an international student who has completed his/her previous education with mode of teaching and as well as has written the exams in English need not write the TOEFL/IELTS test rather they will have to provide an official statement from college mentioning that the teaching and exams were conducted in English. Is this true?  Apoorva
Dear Apoorva,

Don’t worry about the fact that you got a second class with a low score. In life we face difficulties and disappointments. How you deal with it and move on is what’s important. Luckily for you, we have so many good Universities all over the world, finding one that is best suited for you is certainly possible. U.K, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Europe are cheaper than U.S.

Although you read on the net that TOEFL or IELTS is not required, you have to do it if you hold an Indian Passport and studied in India. This is not mandatory for Universities but more for your visa. You will not get your student visa if you don’t show the English language test scores. So, I would advise you to please write IELTS, TOEFL or PTE exam. 

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
Comments (+)