Two mechanics electrocuted

Two mechanics were electrocuted at a garage while repairing a goods vehicle in Hunsamaranahalli under Yelahanka police limits on Sunday.

According to the police, the victims were identified as Krishna, 50, a resident of Matthikere and Sainath, 45, a native of Dharwad, who had shifted to the city recently. They said that it was Sainath’s first day at work, and Krishna had been working in the garage for over ten years. The police said that Krishna was guiding Sainath on repairing a tipper.

When the container of the tipper was moved, it tilted came in contact with an overhead live wire electrocuting the two.

Velu, owner of the garage, rushed to his employees’ rescue on hearing their screams and suffered minor injuries. He was rushed to a nearby private hospital. He is now out of danger, said the police. A case of negligence has been registered.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)