Man electrocuted while entering ATM booth

A 35-year-old man was electrocuted while entering an ATM booth in outer Delhi’s Shahbad Dairy on Saturday, police said. 

The victim has been identified as Shyam Pandey, a resident of Narela who worked with a private company in Bawana. According to police, the incident took place when he went to an ATM booth of Union Bank in Holambi Kalan to withdraw money.

After initial probe, police and fire officials have found a loose wire from the electric metre touching the frame of the rolling shutter of the booth. “It is clarified that the person was not electrocuted by the ATM machine.

Prima facie it appears that he came in contact with the frame of the rolling shutter while entering the ATM booth,” said Vikramjit Singh, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer).

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)