5-year-old boy electrocuted while playing in garden

A five-and-half-year-old boy was electrocuted while he was playing in a garden inside an apartment in Hulimavu police limits on Saturday.

The deceased, Shreshth Bhalla, was a resident of Ajmera Green Arcade Apartments near Kalena Agrahara near JP Nagar and son of Ajith Kumar, a software engineer, and Preethi Vashist, a homemaker.

The incident occurred  around 6.40 pm while he was playing in the garden. He accidentally touched a live wire that was connected to an electricity pole and was electrocuted. He was taken to a nearby hospital but was declared dead on arrival, the police said.

A portion of the wire had come out of the tube due to incessant rainfall over the last few days which led to the electrocution. The victim’s parents had gone out when the incident took place, the police added.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry