Businessman electrocuted

A 25-year-old businessman from Tamil Nadu was electrocuted after he accidentally touched a live wire on the first floor of a lodge in Madiwala police limits on Sunday.

The deceased was identified as Gauri Shankar, 25, a resident of Maruthinagar. He had come to the City along with his friend on a business trip on Saturday and had booked a room on the first floor of Sea Pearl lodge, said the police.

There is a transformer at a junction very close to Sea Pearl. The wires connected between the two electric poles hang precariously close to the balcony of the first floor of the lodge.

The Bescom staff have wrapped up the wire using plastic materials to avoid any incidents of electrocution, said the police. At around 1.30 pm, Gauri Shankar was standing in the balcony of the first floor and was speaking to his friend on the mobile phone.

He accidentally laid his hand on the wire, cried out and collapsed on the floor. His friend and others rushed to the balcony after hearing his cry and rushed him to a nearby hospital.

Gauri Shankar was declared dead on arrival, added the police. The victim’s body was shifted to Victoria Hospital and the victim’s family members have been informed about the accident, said the police.

The local corporator and senior Bescom officers visited the spot after the incident. The police have registered a case under IPC section 304 (a) (causing death by negligence) against the Bescom.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry