Goods worth Rs one crore gutted in fire mishap at garment unit

 A cloth manufacturing unit in Nelamangala caught fire late on Saturday afternoon.
The Fire and Emergency Services personnel rushed eight fire tenders to douse the fire

.

No causalities were reported in the incident. Materials worth Rs one crore were gutted in the mishap.

According to the police, the fire broke out around 3.30 pm at Gokuldas Images, a cloth manufacturing unit near Himalaya Drugs House in Maakali near Nelamangala. Security guard Shivaranappa called up the fire control room and eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

Short circuit

According to eye witnesses, a short circuit led to fire in the godown and the workers inside the unit rushed out.

It took at least five hours for the firemen to douse the fire as raw material including machines, cloth consignments, etc, went up in flames.

The fire also spread to the neighbouring buildings. The Madanayakanahalli police have registered a case and investigation is on.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)