Car catches fire, driver safe

Car catches fire, driver safe

The driver of a car had a narrow escape after his vehicle caught fire near Cauvery Junction on Saturday. The car, however, was completely gutted.

According to the officials of Fire and Emergency Services, the car was proceeding towards Palace Road when the driver noticed smoke emanating from the engine.

He stopped and got down from the vehicle to check. Even as he tried to open the
bonnet, the vehicle erupted in fire. The passersby alerted the jurisdictional police, who in turn informed the Fire and Emergency Services.

Short circuit

A fire tender was pressed into service to put out the flames. Preliminary investigation revealed that an electrical short circuit triggered the fire, an official said. Police said that they were yet to identify the owner of the car, which had a Kerala number plate.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)