Man, son electrocuted at farm

Man, son electrocuted at farm

An elderly man and his son were electrocuted while they were on their way to their farm to water the plants in Chamabalikedoddi village in Ramanagaram district on Friday morning.

The police said Thibbaiah, 65, and his son Raju, 45, residents of Chamabalikedoddi, accidentally stepped on a live wire,  which had been brought down by a falling dried coconut tree branch, and died instantly of electric shock.

Raju’s wife, worried that both her husband and father-in-law had not returned home till late evening, went to the farm in search of them and found them dead, said the police. The police examined the spot and noticed the live wire. The authorities concerned were summoned to fix the wire and the bodies were sent for postmortem, said the Kodihalli police.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)