3 more teens commit suicide for Telangana

3 more teens commit suicide for Telangana

All the three students are teenagers. While one is a girl, two are boys. All of them committed suicide within hours of the announcement of Yadiah’s death. Yadaiah set himself on fire in front of a huge crowd on Saturday afternoon. He died on Sunday morning.

The subsequent suicides were resorted to on Sunday and Monday. All of them left notes saying they were killing themselves as their “dream” of a Telangana state had not materialised.

K Saritha, a class 12 student of Sindhu Junior College, hanged herself at her house at Aziznagar in Moinabad in Ranga Reddy district on Monday after watching the live telecast of Yadaiah’s funeral. There was nobody in the house when she killed herself. In her suicide note, she blamed Chief Minister K Rosaiah and Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu of creating hurdles for carving out Telangana state.
Angry crowds mobbed the local MLA and other politicians when they called on the family to offer condolences. They demanded that they resign immediately so that the “sacrifice” of the students would not go in vain.

In another instance, a 10th class student Ramoji Swamy of Chellapur village of Dubbaka mandal in Medak district, consumed pesticide at his home on Monday afternoon. In the third instance, B Bhaskar of Gavicharla village of Sangem mandal in Warangal district who consumed pesticide late on Sunday died the next day. Both boys left suicide notes that they were dying so that Telangana state would be formed.

Rights panel approached
Meanwhile, a friend of Yadaiah approached the state Human Rights Commission urging it to direct the police to produce Feroze Khan, a friend of Yadaiah who accompanied him to hospital after setting himself on fire.
According to a petition filed by N Yugandar Reddy, Khan, an MCA student was taken away by the special Task Force police from the hospital as he was tending to Yadaiah, and was not heard of since then.

Yugandar said the last he heard from Khan was around 12.30 am on Sunday when he sent him an SMS on Yadaiah’s condition. He urged the SHRC to direct the police to produce him immediately.
DH News Service

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
Comments (+)