Man electrocuted while charging laptop

Man electrocuted while charging laptop

Victim accidently touches socket; wife in state of shock

Man electrocuted while charging laptop

A manager was electrocuted on Sunday afternoon when he accidently touched the socket while trying to charge his laptop at home.

The deceased identified as Brajesh hails from Bihar, and had been living in his rented apartment in Tughlaqabad Extension for the last 12 years with his newly-married wife and parents.

Brajesh (26) was working with an export-house in Faridabad as an area manager.
“On Sunday, he was at home  sleeping. When he woke up around 2.45 pm, he took out his laptop and tried to plug it in the socket while he was still lying in bed. He was dozing and didn’t realise where his hand was when his fingers accidently went into the socket,” said Brajesh’s father.

Brajesh’s wife, who was the only other person present in the house, yanked off the wire from her husband’s hand seconds after the incident. However, it was too late by then.
“The incident happened around 2.45 pm, and by 3 pm, Brajesh was brought to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead,” said a police officer.

A case under Section 174 of the Indian Penal Court has been registered at Govindpuri police station and investigation is underway. The police have also seized Brajesh’s laptop.

“We have done the postmortem and are awaiting the report. The actual reason of the death will be known only after we get the postmortem report. The laptop has also been sent for forensic examination to know whether there was any fault in the appliance which could have caused the death,” said a police officer.

Meanwhile, at Gali no 33 of Tughlaqabad Extension, a pall of gloom descended in the neighbourhood where Brajesh’s family resides.

A blow
Brajesh’s wife who is the only eyewitness to the incident is in a state of shock and is unable to speak since her husband’s death.

“We are waiting for his wife to overcome this tragedy and after that we will record her statement,” said a police officer.