Funds being misused in C'magalur: Cong

 
Addressing a news conference Mahesh said that only 20 per cent of the total funds were utilised till February end. The district administration proposed to utilise the remaining 80 per cent funds by March end. There are possibilities of misappropriation and misuse of funds during this period. He said that though Mahathma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) is being implemented in the district to provide employment to poor people, the works are done using machineries in most of the places. He said that due to this  contractors are making good profits from this project.

“The works are being implemented haphazardly in the district as the District Administration is only aiming at utilising the funds as early as possible. In some taluks the funds which are not used are being transferred to other places with the help of the local MLA,” he said and added that Public Works Department, ZP Engineering Department and the Minor Irrigation Department are finalising the bills without inspecting the works just to utilise the funds by March.

He complained that this carelessness of the authorities is leading to execution of poor quality work.

He said that the local MLA is not taking any interest in meeting the CM and demanding for special package. He also said that the state has failed to utilise the funds provided by the centre.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry