2 deaths in 100 km away: Telangana Police finds common thread

2 deaths in 100 km away: Telangana Police finds common thread

2 deaths in 100 km away: Telangana Police finds common thread

Telangana police established a possible common thread between the suspicious death of a beautician in Shaikpet here and suicide of a young Sub Inspector of Police in Kukunoorpalli Police station located 100 kilometres away in Siddipet district.

According to West Zone, DCP Venkateswara Rao, 28-year-old Arusumilli Vijayalakshmi alias Sirisha who works as a beautician with the RK Studio here died under suspicious circumstances at the studio in the wee hours of Tuesday. By the time the police reached the spot her dead body was lying on the cot and according to the owner of the studio Vallabhaneni Rajiv, she hung herself by hanging to the ceiling fan with her Chunni.

Police registered a case and informed her husband Satish Chandra, who expressed apprehension about the death of his wife. Sirisha is a mother of an 8-year-old girl who lives with her grandparents in Mattaparthi Palem in West Godavari of Andhra Pradesh.

Meanwhile, P Prabhakar Reddy, Sub-Inspector at the Kukunoorpalli police station allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver exactly in the same room where his predecessor Ramakrishna Reddy shot himself to death exactly a year ago. Said to be an upright officer the death of Prabhakar Reddy created ripples. Hundreds gathered around his living quarters and organised a dharna alleging harassment by ACP Giridhar.

However, the investigating officers checking phone records of Prabhakar Reddy found that he was in touch with the RK Studio owner Rajiv during the previous day. A thorough investigation led to the real connection between the two deaths.

DCP Venkateswara Rao said that there is prima facie evidence that Sirisha , Rajiv and his fiancée Tejaswini and a common friend Sravan spent Monday night at the service residential quarters of Prabhakar at Kukunoorpalli. Sirisha’s messages to her husband also showed that she was on her way to Kukunoorpalli.

Police say that Sirisha, who had an affair with Rajiv, was not happy with his engagement with Tejaswini.
Their squabbles reached crescendo and they three went to Banjara Hills police station for Compromise. Sravan offered them help through Prabhakar Reddy who readily agreed to host them and sort out the love triangle.

It is believed that Prabhakar Reddy in an inebriated condition tried to rape Sirisha. However she escaped that attempt and all the four returned to Hyderabad. Sirisha in a fit of rage ran into the studio, locked doors and committed suicide.

Prabhakar Reddy allegedly committed suicide after the news of Sirisha’s death become viral and he was sure that he will be implicated in that case. However, Prabhar Reddy’s family alleges that he died of harassment by higher ups. Both Rajiv and Sravan are under police custody.  Postmortem reports of both the deceased are awaited.