<p> The death toll from a deadly weekend attack on a hotel in Mogadishu has risen to 27, the Somali government said today, announcing the dismissal of the country's police and intelligence chiefs.<br /><br />The move came after Al-Qaeda aligned Shabaab gunmen staged coordinated bomb attacks outside a hotel in the north of the Somali capital yesterday before storming the building.<br /><br />The latest toll was given by Security Minister Mohamed Abukar Islow at a cabinet meeting at which ministers approved the dismissal of intelligence agency boss Abdillahi Mohamed Sanbalooshe and police chief Abdihakim Dahir Said.<br /><br />The two were "fired for the purpose of serious accountability," said a statement read by Information Minister Abdirahman Omar Osman after the meeting.<br /><br />The sackings come two weeks after Somalia suffered its deadliest-ever terrorist attack in which at least 358 people were killed in a huge truck bombing in Mogadishu.<br /><br />Osman said five people had so far been arrested in connection with the October 14 attack.</p>
<p> The death toll from a deadly weekend attack on a hotel in Mogadishu has risen to 27, the Somali government said today, announcing the dismissal of the country's police and intelligence chiefs.<br /><br />The move came after Al-Qaeda aligned Shabaab gunmen staged coordinated bomb attacks outside a hotel in the north of the Somali capital yesterday before storming the building.<br /><br />The latest toll was given by Security Minister Mohamed Abukar Islow at a cabinet meeting at which ministers approved the dismissal of intelligence agency boss Abdillahi Mohamed Sanbalooshe and police chief Abdihakim Dahir Said.<br /><br />The two were "fired for the purpose of serious accountability," said a statement read by Information Minister Abdirahman Omar Osman after the meeting.<br /><br />The sackings come two weeks after Somalia suffered its deadliest-ever terrorist attack in which at least 358 people were killed in a huge truck bombing in Mogadishu.<br /><br />Osman said five people had so far been arrested in connection with the October 14 attack.</p>