A six-year-old boy suffered serious burn injuries after he fell into a pot of hot vegetable curry while standing in a queue for the midday meal in a primary school here, the police said on Tuesday.
Shivam, a class 1 student, was standing in the queue for the midday meal in a primary school in Hemriya Kutti gram panchayat area on Monday when he stumbled and fell into the pot, they said.
The boy's father, in his complaint to the police, alleged that the school staff neither rushed Shivam to a hospital nor informed his family about the incident.
Shivam's father claimed that upon returning home, the boy fell unconscious and was rushed to a hospital where he is undergoing treatment, the police said.
On the basis of the complaint, a case has been registered against the cook and teachers of the school, and a probe is on, they said.
Basic Shiksha Adhikari Amarkant Singh said three teachers, including a lady teacher, have been suspended after preliminary inquiry and action has been initiated against the cook.