'Sunny Nights' put off to February

'Sunny Nights' put off to February

Citing security concerns, the police on Monday refused permission to 'Sunny Night NYE 2018' where actor Sunny Leone was scheduled to perform.

The government had earlier refused to give permission and the organisers then moved the Karnataka High Court.

The court on December 21 asked the police to convey its decision to the organiser by December 25.

Following the court directive, DCP (South-East) Girish S said that permission cannot be granted as there was no clarity on several issues, ranging from permission to be obtained from various departments to arrangements, including the dimension of the stage.

Girish further said that the police had submitted before the high court that they will maintain law and order.

The DCP said there will be celebrations everywhere in the city and law and order has to be maintained. There will be a huge gathering in and around M G Road and Brigade Road which needs special attention, he added.

"Security cannot be given to Sunny Night NYE 2018 due to the shortage of personnel. Since New Year celebrations will be held throughout the state, personnel from outside the city also cannot be deployed," Girish said.

The officer said though the organiser claims that they will sell only 8,000 tickets, inputs revealed that a much bigger crowd may turn up  at the venue. "These are the main grounds for rejecting the permission," he said.

"We have decided to postpone the event to February," said M S Harish, managing director of Time Creations, the organiser.

After the government refused permission, Sunny tweeted that she would not perform as people's safety was more important.

The New Year bash was scheduled to be held at White Orchid, Manyata Tech Park, on December 31.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry