Couple, kid burnt alive

A couple and their six-year-old daughter were charred to death after their house caught fire in East Bengaluru's  KR Puram caught  fire early on Wednesday morning.  

Santhosh alias Murugan (35), his wife Sophia (30) and their daughter Flora suffocated  in the fumes and burns. Santhosh was a cable operator and Sofiya a homemaker. They lived in a rented house at  Udaya Nagar near Tin Factory.  

The family lit up  a candle as there  power disruption since morning, and went to sleep.  The candle fell on  a cloth and caught fire, which  engulfed the entire house in no time as there was no proper ventilation. By the time the  couple realised the fire, it too late.  

Firefighters rushed to the spot and took the couple's bodies out. They saw the girl alive and  shifted her to hospital but she did not respond to treatment as she suffered 90% burns.   Soumendu Mukherjee, IGP (Fire and Emergency Services), said the cause of the fire would be investigated.

The Mahadevapura police have taken up a case of unnatural deaths.  

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry