Gory weekend: Five killed in separate road accidents

Gory weekend: Five killed in separate road accidents

Two buses, two bikes, a tempo and an unidentified vehicle involved

Two factory workers were mowed down by a bus near Yadavanahalli bus stop on Sunday at Attibele. Chotu Singh (30) and Pancham Singh (22) from Waddarapalya were crossing the road to go towards Ashirvad Pipe factory when the bus driver lost control while taking a turn and knocked them down. Chotu was killed on the spot as he came under the front wheel, while Pancham was thrown up in air and sustained multiple injuries. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he died later. The bus driver fled the scene after the accident, said the police.

In another accident on early Sunday morning, Mallikarjun (38), a security guard was killed on the spot by a vehicle. Mallikarjun, a resident of Manjunathnagar, hailed from Tumkur and was working with a construction company. The accident took place near Shell Petrol Bunk on Tumkur road when he was trying to cross the road, added the police.

T S Girish Rao (20), a resident of Thimmasandra was killed on the spot when the bike he was riding came under the wheels of a college bus at Santhe Circle on BB Road in Yelahanka on Saturday.

It was raining heavily when Girish, a construction supervisor approached the Circle on his bike.

The driver of the bus, took a sudden right turn at the circle without giving any indication. Girish fell down and came under the wheels when the bus hit his vehicle. The bus driver fled the scene.

In yet another incident, Saleh Abdul Razaq (25), a resident of Kammanahalli and an MCA student was killed when the bike he was riding and a tempo traveller collided at Palanahalli gate near Baglur Cross in Yelahanka on Saturday. Saleh was on his way back home on the bike. He was neither carrying any vehicle documents nor wearing a helmet, it is said. When the traffic police halted him near the cross, Saleh panicked and sped away only to be rammed against a tempo coming from the opposite direction. He was killed on the spot. The tempo driver fled the spot leaving behind his vehicle, added the police.

No clues in Sunil’s murder

Two days after Sunil alias Cable Sunil was chased and hacked to death by a five-member gang in KP Agrahara, the police are yet to identify the suspects despite descriptions by the eye witnesses.

On Friday, the gang had chased Sunil in an SUV when he was returning home with his friends on Magadi Road. Although they tried knocking Sunil down, he had managed to escape. But the gang chased him and assailed with daggers.

According to the police, Sunil's murder cannot be related to his involvement in the killing of Cable Chandru in Byatarayanapura in 2009.

Despite the eye witnesses’ accounts the police are still unable to zero in on the killers. They believe Sunil's murder may have been orchestrated by those whom he had allegedly victimised.

Police are also probing whether the cable mafia war in KP Agrahara and the surrounding areas has anything to do with the incident.  

Worker drowns

A construction worker drowned in a quarry where water had accumulated in K R Puram on Saturday. The dead is identified as Shivaiah (36). Hailing from Kadiri in Andhra Pradesh, Shivaiah was residing in Ayyappanagar, said the KR Puram police. He had come to Bangalore with a group of persons from Kadiri recently.

As it was hot and humid on Saturday, he went to have bath in a quarry. Although suffering from epilepsy, he entered the water but lost his balance in the water. Moreover, he was not a swimmer.

It is not known whether he got seizure when he entered the water that led to his death, added the police.

When he failed to return to a makeshift shed, his friends went in search of him. They spotted his clothes near the quarry and suspected that he might have drowned. They informed the police who with the help of a few locals fished out the body on Sunday, added the police.

Shivaiah had parted ways with his wife and was staying alone, stated the police.