169 sheep electrocuted in HP Halli

169 sheep electrocuted in HP Halli

169 sheep electrocuted in HP Halli

DECIMATED: Carcasses of the sheep electrocuted in Bagali village of Harapanahalli taluk on Sunday. DH Photo

The incident occurred near Kalleshwara temple in the village early in the morning.
Villager residents rushed to the spot as they heard a loud sound followed by flames. They disconnected the power supply.

However, by that time damage had been done. As many as 144 sheep and 25 goats in three separate sheds were electrocuted in the incident. The animals belonged to Badammanavara Kenchappa, Gonibasappa and Hanumanthappa.

The animals in a shed about 70 feet away from the spot were also electrocuted as the wet ground conducted electricity. Three dogs too were killed while Mallappa, who was sleeping in a shed survived miraculously.

Bescom engineer Bheemappa, who visited the spot, said the live wire may have snapped due to damage caused to insulator following heavy rains and gusty winds on Saturday.
He said the sheep-rearers will be compensated after discussions with his superiors.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)