Udupi DC's bungalow waiting for funds

Udupi DC's bungalow waiting for funds

The construction works of the bungalow was assigned to Nirmithi Kendra which is headed by DC in the year 2004. The work was carried out till 2006. Nearly 90% of the work has been executed and remaining 10% needs Rs 10 lakh for its implementation.
Speaking to City Herald, DC Hemalatha informed that the proposal has been sent to the government. “Once we receive the fund, the work will commence and the entire construction will be carried out after which I will shift my residence,” she said.

The bungalow has remained unutilised since 4 years barely due to shortage of funds. Works such as compound wall, security room and plumbing are pending. District Bar Association Secretary Advocate Renold Praveen Kumar informed that the Association has taken undue interest and is fighting the case for the completion of work. The current residence where DC Hemalatha is residing is actually the quarters that is allotted to District and Sessions Judge. At present District and Sessions Judge is taking temporary shelter in a rented accommodation near Ambalpadi, he said.

Advocate Renold Praveen Kumar informed that the Association approached former Home Minister Dr V S Acharya over the issue. The home Minister said he has written to Revenue Minister Karunakar Reddy for immediate approval of additional funds. However, no response has been received. Acharya has also directed DC to go ahead with the construction works, informs Kumar.

The issue was raised by MLC Prathapchandra Shetty during Assembly session a year back. Karunakar Reddy had assured to release the required amount without delay. No development seemed to have happened since a year and only verbal assurances are given, he alleged. Udupi Bar Association is struggling with the issue. Renold Praveen Kumar is the counsel who is handling the case.

If this is the condition of an issue concerned with the District Authority, a layman cannot expect his grievances to be heard and solved. The proposal that has been sent several times to the government by the District Administration demanding very meagre amount has been laid unnoticed. However, the DC seems to be confident to get the work done this time.

Uncertainty still lingers and only time should reveal the possibilities of the bungalow to get acquainted with a complete structural look.

Assembly elections 2019 | Get the latest news, views and analysis on elections in Haryana and Maharashtra on DeccanHerald.com


For election-related news in Maharashtra, click here

For election-related news in Haryana, click here

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)