Dabholkar case: CBI gets custody of second shooter

In this undated file photo, Sharad Kalaskar accussed in rationalist Narendra Dabholkar killing taken to Pune court.

In a new development in the Narendra Dabholkar murder case, a Pune court on Tuesday remanded Sharad Kalaskar, the second shooter, to CBI custody till September 10.

The CBI which secured Kalaskar's custody from the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), produced him before Judicial Magistrate First Class, S M A Sayed, who presided over a court at Shivajinagar.

Kalaskar, a right-wing activist , was remanded to CBI custody for a week's time.

He was arrested by the Maharashtra-ATS in connection with the arms and ammunition haul in Nalasopara and had confessed that he and Sachin Andure, who is now in a magisterial custody, had gone on a motorcycle with a pistol and shot Dabholkar at the Omkareshwar bridge on August 20, 2013.

In the remand application, the CBI pointed out that Kalaskar, is one of the conspirators.

The CBI told the court that the culpability of Kalaskar has to be probed in detail.

"One of the conspirators who had helped Kalaskar had been identified and he is being interrogated," the CBI stated.

"The entire conspiracy was hatched by (ENT specialist) Dr Virendra Tawde," it said.

Dr Tawde was also in touch with  Rajesh Bangera, the chief trainer of the group, Amit Digvekar and Amol Kale.

Amit and Amol were arrested by the Karnataka Special Investigation Team (SIT).

While CBI has got the custody of Bangera and Digvekar, it is yet to formally seek the transit remand of Kale from Karnataka.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 1

    Angry

Comments:

Dabholkar case: CBI gets custody of second shooter

0 comments

Write the first review for this !