Techie and driver die in mishap

Techie and driver die in mishap

Techie and driver die in mishap

Aravind Mishra (36), a software professional from Bargarh town, Odisha, who was to report for his new job at Aditi Technologies, Sadashivanagar on Monday and car driver Dada Prasad Babu (30) of Hyderabad, died in the accident.

They were driving down to Bangalore from Bargarh. The car first rammed into a road median before swerving into another lane where it came under a cement-mixer lorry at Hunasamaranahalli on NH-4 at 6.15 am, police said.

The driver, Babu, may have been drowsy because of the long journey and this could have led to the mishap, police said. Lorry driver Naizul Shaikh who hails from West Bengal and lives in Kalasipalya sustained minor injuries on the leg.

Mishra owned the car and he would hire a driver whenever he had to go out of town. Mishra had given up his job in Hyderabad to take up the new employment on Monday, his first wedding anniversary.

He had dropped his wife Nirupama (31) and their eight month-old baby boy Advait in Bargarh, before leaving for Bangalore.

The victim’s father Shankar Mishra and mother Jahnavi are also in Odisha.

After a post-mortem at the M S Ramaiah Medical College and Hospital, the body was handed over to his uncle Krupa Singh who reached the City by  a flight. Later, the body was taken to Odisha, police said.

Babu’s body, however, is yet to be taken to Andhra Pradesh. Yelahanka traffic police have booked a case and are investigating.

Pedestrian killed

A pedestrian died hours after he was knocked down by a van  on Yelahanka Bypass Road on Saturday night.

Thimmaraju (33) of Mahanth Lingapura, Anekal taluk, was knocked down when he was taking a walk.

He was admitted to a hospital where he died around midnight. Yelahanka traffic police have booked a case.

Girl dies of poison

A 13-year-old girl died after she consumed poison in her house in J J Nagar. The deceased was identified as Gangabhavani.

She was suffering from an aliment and was on medication. She mistook for her medication a bottle containing poison to kill bed bugs and consumed it. Her condition deteriorated after some time. She was taken to a hospital where she died later, police said.