'Abducted and tortured' by boss for quitting job

'Abducted and tortured' by boss for quitting job

 Mahantesh (26) and Vikram (24) are shocked by the turn of the events and have sustained multiple injuries in the incident.

They are regretting their decision to take up a job with Avista Consultancy, a call centre training firm, at Rajajinagar.

Following a complaint, Yeshwantpur police have arrested Arun Kumar (19, firm owner), Naresh alias Jaipal (19) and Ajay alias Dinakar (22) and are on the look out for Kumar, Praveen and Natesh.

The two had claimed that Arun Kumar was irked over their decision to quit. Arun Kumar had started another branch in Yelahanka and requested Vikram to head the unit.

After the two rejected the offer, Arun, along with six others, tried to retain them forcibly. In the last week of July, the gang invited Mahantesh, who resides in Sanjay Nagar, to come near the MS Ramaiah Hospital, and whisked him away in an autorickshaw. They took him to Arun's house on Magadi Road and tortured him. They made him sign a two-year contract. They abducted Vikram the next day.

Meanwhile, Mahantesh and Vikram's room mates complained to the Sanjay Nagar police when the two did not return.

On learning about the complaint, the gang decided to pack off the two to their native places and followed the bus till it crossed the city limits.  When the two narrated the incident to the bus driver, he stopped a KSRP van coming in the opposite direction and sent the duo to the City.  The two narrated the incident to the Bangalore North DCP.
Arun, Naresh and Jaipal figure in the rowdy sheeters’ list.

The case was transferred to Yeshwantpur as Mahantesh was abducted in that police station limits.

Slips into drain, dies

A 35-year-old man, who was resting on the wall of a huge drain died after he fell into it, late on Monday evening. The body of the deceased, Ravi Kumar, was found in the drain in Vidya Nagar, near Jinke Park, Magadi Road.

Found dead

In another incident, sign board artist from Tamil Nadu collapsed and died in the Kalasipalyam bus stand, late on Monday night.

The deceased, Anbhu Alagan, had come to the City, along with a colleague, for an assignment. Both of them were reportedly in an inebriated condition, when Anbalagan collapsed.

His body was later found on the footpath.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily