Isro to release Devas deal probe reports

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Department of Space have initiated the process of getting necessary clearance to make public the two reports on the $300 million Antrix-Devas deal.

The statement issued by ISRO chairman Radhakrishnan through ISRO’s public relations office (PRO) was his first remark since the row over the government blacklisting his predecessor and three other scientists unfolded last week.

The PRO, in a note said: “Dr K Radhakrishnan, chairman, Isro and secretary, Department of Space stated that the department is in the process of getting necessary clearances for releasing the Reports of the two Committees viz (a) the High Powered Review Committee set up on February 10, 2011 (with B K Chaturvedi and Professor Roddam Narasimha as members), and (b) the High Level Team set up on May 31, 2011 (chaired by Pratyush Sinha) to examine various aspects of the Antrix-Devas Agreement of January 2005.”

ISRO’s reaction comes after the scientific community pressured government to review its decision and follows Nair’s move to secure the reports through RTI.

Nair has also sought details about the various processes and decision makers that were instrumental in issuing the blanket order banning him and three other scientists from re-employment in any government institution.

Reacting to Radhakrishnan’s statement, Nair told Deccan Herald, “...The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Let us see how it all pans out. I have anyway sought this information besides details on the ‘punitive action approval cycle’.” He however expressed confidence that “truth will prevail.”

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry