Flames engulf two houses in Hassan

Flames engulf two houses in Hassan

Residents blame it on short circuit caused due to rains in district

Two houses were burnt down completely in a raging fire and two persons have sustained burns in an incident that took place at Bommenahalli in Dudda hobli on Tuesday night.

Residents of the houses that were reduced to cinders, attributed the fire to short circuit that was caused during the torrential rains that hit Hassan district on Tuesday night.

Two sons of Karigowda -- Deve Gowda and Dodde Gowda -- whose houses caught fire, lived in houses built closely to each other.

When the houses caught fire, the residents were fast asleep and didn’t have the opportunity to safeguard anything -- be it furniture, cash, documents or gold. Members of the family said there was some cash, and about 100 gms of gold in the almirah which were reduced to ashes.

Two of the family members, Dodde Gowda’s son Venkatesh and Manjunath have sustained serious burns injuries in the incident and are being treated at Hassan Government Hospital.

Tahsildar K Mathai, ZP president B R Satyanarayana, Standing Committee member Dyavegowda and others visited the spot. Losses have been estimated at Rs 1.13 lakh in Dodde Gowda’s house and about Rs 2.59 lakh at Devegowda’s residence.      

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)