Child worker electrocuted

A 12-year-old boy, employed as a coolie at a construction site in RPC Layout, was electrocuted late on Tuesday evening.

Bheemaraya was rushed to a hospital, but was declared brought dead. His body has been shifted to Victoria Hospital for post mortem.

The boy and his father Mallappa were part of a 30-member family of workers, including 10 children, all hailing from Bandalli in Yadgir district. They have been employed for nearly a year as construction workers at the site of ‘New Modern Public School’.

The group had taken up temporary residence in a shed in the basement of the building. As the building had no legal Bescom power supply, builders had drawn a line from the roadside electricity pole.

At dusk, Bheemaraya tried to connect the bulb wire to the illegal power line and was electrocuted.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry