No breakthrough yet in Woodland executive's death

The Ghaziabad police on Saturday said they are yet to make a breakthrough in the sensational murder of a shoe and apparel company’s top executive, who was shot dead on Friday morning in Indirapuram locality of this city.

“Over a dozen suspects have been questioned but no lead is being tracked in the incident,” said senior superintendent of police Prashant Kumar.

Nitin Sharma, 38, an assistant general manager with Woodland, has been shot dead outside his residence at house number 826 in sector 4 of Shakti Khand in Indirapuram when he returned home after dopping his two daughters in their school.

He sustained 10 bullet injuries. “We are working on all possible leads but till now we are not in a position to pinpoint any conclusion. Our men are on the job. As we get any lead, we would apprise the media,” Kumar said.

Originally hailing from Gwalior, Sharma had sacked several dubious workers from different showrooms in his jurisdictional area.

Police said they have set up four teams of competent officers and taken the print out of the call details received and dialled from the killed officer’s mobile phone. Police were working on the criminal records of the staff that were sacked by Sharma in the past.

In the bunch call details, police have tracked down a constant lengthy calls on a particular number in last several months. The executive of the prestigious shoe and apparel manufacturing company took 10 bullets on his head and upper portion of torso, police said.

The assailants initially had a minute’s conversation with Sharma and then opened indiscriminate fire at him. He attempted to run to the house but it was locked from inside. The executive could not find any escape route and fell to a hail of bullets.

Sharma was a dedicated officer and quickly scaled new heights in the company, said one of his relatives who refused to reveal his identity.

“I am here to deliberate with the police officers in the absence of the immediate family members. I have been left to interact with the police if they need answer to any query,” added the relative, who was camping in the house in the absence of the family.

Sharma was the only son of his father, and was residing in the house with his wife Shalini and two daughters, 10-year-old Anshika and six-year-old Vanshika. A bullet hit the driver side window pane of his Vitara car while another bullet hit a scooter parked nearby.

The post-mortem examination was conducted on the same day and the body was taken to Gwalior for cremation.

Liked the story?

  • 0

  • 0

  • 0

  • 0

  • 0